Summer Pre-College Programs at Carnegie Mellon
- Summer Session, students take two full-length Carnegie Mellon courses in a variety of disciplines, ranging from Computer Science, History to Music Technology.
- Summer Academy for Math and Science, provides students from underrepresented communities the opportunity to achieve skills to pursue and complete majors in STEM fields. **Please note that our Summer Academy for Math and Science (SAMS) program curriculum and delivery method has been changed. SAMS updates are now listed on the program page.
- Computer Science Scholars, provides students who are from traditionally underrepresented communities in the field of computer science an opportunity to receive exposure to computing and additional computer science pre-requisites.
- AI4All @ Carnegie Mellon, provides opportunities for students from underrepresented communities to study artificial intelligence with full-time faculty, staff and researchers who are leaders in the field.
- National High School Game Academy, for students who want to learn about modern video game development through a unique blend of left- and right-brain college-level work.
- Computational Biology, a three-week program for students looking to learn more about the intersection of the two disciplines.
- Unique programs in the Fine Arts - Architecture, Art, Design, Drama or Music – in which the students experience developing their skills in a conservatory or studio setting.
- Writing & Culture, guided by the mentorship and instruction of our highly distinguished, permanent faculty members, students will improve their ability to analyze complex, ever-changing problems through astute investigations of culture and society.
AI Scholars Live Online is a pre-college enrichment program developed and taught by a team of Stanford PhD students. They teach high school students fundamental AI concepts and guide them to build a socially impactful AI project in a domain of their interest such as healthcare, robotics, finance, and sustainability to showcase the skills they learned.
For more information, view this brochure
Summer Break Program application deadline: March 1st, 2021
Penn Summer High School Programs delivers the challenge of an Ivy League curriculum to academically talented high school students seeking a pre-collegiate experience. Explore Penn's historic campus, engage with leading faculty, and build intellectual connections within accelerated two-, three-, or six-week Penn Summer High School Programs.
For more information, visit http://click.gotoextinguisher.com/click/apyv-2cj2ex-woj51i-d5m7a5e4/
Application deadline: May 1st, 2021.