Rules for Students Driving and Parking on Campus
1. Students who drive on campus must rent a parking space and purchase a parking permit from the THS office. The cost of the space and permit is $25 per year.
2. All motorized vehicles parked on campus must be registered in the principal’s office and parked in the correct rented parking space unless special permission has been obtained from a school administrator.
3. Parking permits must be displayed on the rear view mirror of the vehicle at all times while parked on campus. These permits are non-transferable and cannot be shared with another student.
4. Students may purchase additional parking permits for $15 each in case the original permit is lost or stolen.
5. Students who drive on campus must drive safely at all times. The speed limit on campus is 5 miles per hour. Speeding or reckless driving while on campus or while leaving school may result in short term or permanent loss of parking privileges.
6. Students who drive on campus must be licensed (not a learner’s permit) and covered by insurance. The vehicle must be registered to the student or the parent/guardian. The school is not responsible for the vehicle or its contents.
7. Student vehicles are subject to search by school officials any time there are reasonable grounds to believe that drugs, alcohol, stolen property, or other contraband might be present in a vehicle.
8. If a student withdraws or transfers to another school, his /her parking permit is voided, and the space is available for reassignment.